Edvina and Avanzada 7 offers grants for SIP Masterclass in Malaga
The next Edvina SIP Masterclass featuring Kamailio and SIP will take place the first week of July in Malaga, Spain. One week of labs, lessons and interaction with other people working with realtime communication will be a boost to your career, and give you insights into how you build scalable infrastructure platforms for SIP communication.
It’s a lot of fun and a great learning experience for everyone. But not everyone that needs it can afford participating, which is why we are offering a SIP Masterclass Grant programme this year.
Since there are hard times with a high rate of unemployment in Southern Europe, Edvina and Avanzada 7 has decided to open up a grant for a free seat in the class. To apply for this, you have to be unemployed and have previous experience with realtime communication – using Asterisk or FreeSwitch or maybe even OpenSER or Kamailio. Edvina and Avanzada 7 will make the decision about who gets the opportunity to participate for free. You will have to pay travel and your stay, we will give you a no-cost participation in this class.
– “Getting involved in Open Source changed my life about ten years ago.” says Olle E. Johansson, teacher and the CEO of Edvina. “I used my last resources to participate in a voice over IP conference in the US. There I met Steve Sokol and Mark Spencer. Together we built a lot of activities around Asterisk – the Astricon conference, the trainings and quite a lot of code during the years. With Open Source you get contacts all over the world and new opportunities both locally and globally. I hope that offering a free training seat can change the life of someone currently out of work.”
- Apply by writing a document about yourself and your experiences. Motivate why you want the free seat.
- You have to be unemployed and live in the EU area
- Write the document in Spanish or English
- Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org latest June 15th, 2013
- We will make our decision June 20th and let you know